Minutes of the Pastoral Council Meeting

June 21, 2018


Present:  Cindy Canning,

                     Rebecca Korando,

                     Linda Kranawetter,

                     Mark Williams,

                     Rob Kippenbrock,

                     Jennifer Craig,

                     Kevin Junk,

                      Linda Porter-Smith,

                      Linda Bunselmeyer


Absent: Theresa Bastien, Ryan Povolish, Jenny Martin, Audrey Arnold, Jessica Fritsche, Angelo Fiorino, Theresa Madel, Bill Schwartz, Garrett Cook, Deacon Don, and Fr. Gary


Meeting opened at 6:05.


Opening prayer was led by Rebecca Korando.


A quorum of members was not in attendance, and minutes from last meeting were not reviewed or able to be approved.


Old Business:
Yard signs were discussed and sample designs were presented by Cindy Canning. The cost for printing will be $10 each from Silkworm, and they could be sold for $15 to parishioners, with profits going toward costs for a mission in the fall.  


Committee Reports -


Spiritual Evolvement:
Jennifer Craig reported that VBS is scheduled for the week of July 22nd, 2018 from 630-800 pm in the school gym, from Monday-Friday.


Linda Kranawetter reported that several members of our parish are utilizing FORMED.org, and asked if anyone would be interested in being responsible for overseeing this program. Linda Porter-Smith volunteered. The parish access code is 6TYRNH.


Cindy Canning described a successful confirmation program in Texas, and they suggested having one parent attend each session with students. Jennifer will suggest this for our confirmation program.


Kevin Junk reported that small group information was shared by Rob Kippenbrock via email since the last meeting. Small groups in our parishes could be implemented during Advent. Mass talks and group sign-ups would be held. There could be a Lenten small group scheduled also.


A discussion was held about scheduling a mission for the Fall, and about a previous recommendation of Doug Boyer from the King�s House as a one-night mission speaker. He charges no fee, but a free will donation is recommended. Dates were discussed, including the possibility of Nov. 4th. Parishioners could attend the Knights of Columbus chicken dinner after the 11:00 Mass, and attend the mission in church from 2:00 to 5:00. Rob Kippenbrock will contact Deacon Don and reach out to Doug Boyer about possibly scheduling this event.


In addition to faith based small groups, a Dinner for 8 group was discussed for meeting/socializing with other parishioners. Four couples or 8 singles, etc., could sign up to meet once a month, for four months, to share an evening, with each couple responsible for planning one month�s dinner, either at their home or at a restaurant.


Hospitality:
Rob Kippenbrock asked how the Welcoming Committee is working. Linda Porter-Smith will talk to Bill Schwartz about the Welcoming Committee and getting it more established.


Community Life:
Rebecca Korando reported that Nicole Smelter is working on the parish directory and it will be discussed with Fr. Gary when he returns.


Rebecca Korando reported that Bill Schwartz is continuing to work on online giving for our parishes.


The movie �I Can Only Imagine� was successful at The Liberty during the past month.


Communication:  
Linda Porter-Smith reports the Ministry Handbook is completed. It was recommended to email the handbook to all parishioners, print the handbook for copies at church, make it available on the website, make it available on facebook, and include it in Welcoming packets for new parishioners. Linda will email it to parish council members next week for review, and will have printed copies by next month available in church.


Linda Porter-Smith gave updates about attending a Latin Mass in St. Louis, and will discuss some dates with Bill Schwartz and try to get a date scheduled for this summer, possibly end of July. Linda will put the information/date in the bulletin and on the website.


Physical Facilities:  No report.


New Business:
Rebecca Korando reported that the weekend of June 30th/July 1st there will be a visiting priest, and volunteers are needed to meet the visiting priest and open the church. Rebecca will be responsible for Saturday evening mass, and will contact Butter Korando about the 8:00 Sunday mass.

 
Closing prayer was led by Cindy Canning.


The meeting ended at 7:17 pm.


The next parish council meeting is scheduled for July 19, 2018, at 6pm. Goals for the upcoming year will be discussed.

Respectfully submitted by Linda Bunselmeyer